The GCR team is part of EY’s EMEIA Tax Center (ETC). The ETC is unique to EY: we are the only Big 4 professional services firm with a dedicated center of excellence focused on delivering exceptional client service across borders. Our 570+ talented ETC professionals are based in 21 countries across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA), and work with clients across the area, regardless of our location or theirs. We provide specialist tax, business and technology expertise to address clients’ most pressing challenges in an exciting, dynamic tax and business environment, through a broad range of innovative service offerings.
Initially you will work closely with the onshore and transition teams during the transition and set up phase. However, you will ultimately be responsible to lead and build a team of ~10 people to provide the end to end client service delivery. This will include transaction processing, accounting, monthly close in Poland, as well as working with the country teams on local country compliance. The key activities include:
- Master: Master the 'to be' process and catch initial proof of concept/pilots.
Be fluent in current client process and systems set up.
Shadow, reverse shadow and run the proof of concept pilots.
Prepare/develop appropriate training and support for team.
- Grow: Recruit and develop a delivery team to handle additional transitions.
Working with onshore team and process team design appropriate org. structure.
Recruit and train the key team members in line with transitions.
Motivate, develop team to take broader responsibilities to handle future projected grow.
- Run: high quality service delivery through standard process and systems.
Run monthly close and ensure client received timely, accurate and complete information.
Work with country team members for tasks to be executed 'in country'.
Implement, monitor and adhere to key SLA, drive continuous improvement.
Seasoned controller with 15+ years experience in controllership, leading monthly closes, management reporting and related compliance activity in a multi-country environment.
- Strong finance domain knowledge with financial qualifications: ACCA or equivalent
- Operational controller experience gained in a multinational company with a multi-country footprint
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work cross culturally
- Solid leadership, people and organizational skills
- Capable of supporting practice and account teams to develop client opportunities in their respective markets
- A good process and IT mindset
- Previous experience with shared services and lean six sigma is an advantage
To qualify for the role you must have
- Fluent English, any other language is an asset
- Ability to travel extensively
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Accounting qualification with a US GAAP and / or IFRS tax accounting technical skillset
- Project management experience
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
„Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych w celu rekrutacji zgodnie z art. 6 ust. 1 lit. a Rozporządzenia Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (ogólne rozporządzenie o ochronie danych)”